Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

And I don't even like Cats...


Simba_edited-1, originally uploaded by shellophoto.
There was once a time when I said my kids would NEVER watch Teletubbies or Barney. There was once a time when I swore I would NEVER push my kids around the grocery store in one of those hideous shopping/race car combos. And I have ALWAYS said, "I don't like cats". Guess what changed ALL these things?... My kids loving them. There is something about the joy on their faces that makes you reconsider all the pacts you've made with yourself.
This little meowing feline is named Simba. He is the kitty offspring of Mr. Fuzzy Pants (affectionately named by Averie a few years ago. Apparently MR. Fuzzy Pants is more like a MRS. Fuzzy Pants). Both cats belong to our backdoor neighbors. Little Paige LOVES "Sima". She stands at our back door and says, "Simma... wher aww yoo?"
This day in particular Simba was sitting on our back porch and I happen to have my camera handy. There is something I love about this picture. It's probably that little one-year old voice I hear when I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment