Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

There is cause to CELEBRATE!!!

Here is a picture of my computer screen with a little extra commentary from me:
Let's start out by saying I NEVER win anything. ever.  But, it doesn't stop me from trying and believing someday my lucky day will come.  Well friends... it came, and it came BIG!  I entered a contest on a photography website last week.  I wish I could say I entered an awesome photo that brought an entire panel of judges to tears.  No.  It was powered by random.org.  A little less cool? Yes.  But let me tell you what WAS cool about it:  In order to enter the contest I had to leave a comment on the site.  I decided I might have better luck if I brought a true winner into the ring with me.  So for my comment I put, "I WHANNA WINN!!"  (Nacho Libre).  Well guess what?!  Shelley & Nacho won the GRAND prize!!  I told my husband this was as exciting as when I was on David Letterman.  He quickly disagreed. (but he also doesn't care much about photography stuff.  Which makes this prize MINE ALLLL MINE!!  Waahahaha!)

In the next week I will be the extremely proud recipient of almost $2,000 in photography goodies!  I hesitate putting the amount...  I don't want to brag (or get robbed) but I DO want you to understand the extent of my excitement!!!


So... I think it is only appropriate to share some love with another lucky duck. 
I have decided to give away a photo shoot!
If you are interested in winning "like" my facebook page: "Shellophoto"
and leave a comment under the contest picture.  This will also be completely random, but baked goods might help your random chances!  Kidding. (sortof)
This will be a half hour shoot in the Salt Lake Valley for up to 7 people.  If you don't need a photo shoot you can give it as a gift to someone else.  Deal?.. Deal.

Oh, and MANY thanks to http://www.everythingbloom.com/ for being moved to tears while admiring my photos randomly picking me and Nacho.




1 comment: